is a total body version of walking that can be enjoyed both by non-athletes as a health-promoting physical activity, and by athletes as a sport. The activity is performed with specially designed walking poles similar to ski poles.
Effects of Nordic Walking Foundation Course
With Waking one is mainly in the endurance and so with in the cardiovascular training active, is it with the Nordic Walking technique the extra activity of arms and shoulders included. This is strengthening the arms, shoulders and trunk musculature.
Through the use of the Nordic Walking Sticks we encounter a reduction of body strain, especially the hips and the spinal column
Nordic Walking is a specific fitness technique and is not to be confused with trekking, hill walking or trail running as the poles are not planted in front of the walker/runner but in a specific way that increases the use of the upper body. It can be done by anybody, anywhere and does not require expensive equipment or clothing.
Nordic Walking is a fast growing fitness activity in the world and is used by individuals, personal trainers, health clubs, physiotherapists, doctors and health promoters because it is highly effective, affordable and FUN!
The advantages of Nordic Walking Exercises
- Strengthens the entire body in a soft way
- Releases tension in the Muscles and softens pain in the neck and shoulder
- Through the use of all the main muscles, high calorie consumption
- High intensity by low sense of body strain (aprox. 10 – 20 heartbeats higher per minute then by the classic walking)
- Distributes the body weight to arms and upper body (torso) and relives joints and backbone (spine) effectively
- Ensures safe grip, especially by slippery ground conditions
- Use the NW-Stick for effective strengthening and stretching exercises
- all this positive effects are already by low walking speed achieved (thanks to the correct pressure on the Nordic- Walking-Sticks)
Starting in October 2015 we will introduce a very special new Nordic Walking “Fit-Program” to accommodate all fitness level.
Our program is designed to get you physical into a great fitness level and technical being able to use the Nordic Walking Poles in a perfect and supporting way to get a fantastic full body workout during your hiking and walking trips.
This program is catered to all fitness level but special for people looking for a moderate impact exercise option, which allows a full body workout while still having only a soft impact for joints or cardio.[/accordion-item]
Nordic Walking Facts
- You can blast more than 450 calories an hour, almost as many as you would while jogging, but with significantly less impact on your joints.
- You’ll sculpt a leaner upper body. Each time you push off the pole, you work your arms, chest, shoulders, and back, as well as your abs, legs, and butt. Nordic walking also strengthens your heart and helps you lose weight.
- It’s a hit with people new to exercise. Quiet new in Malaysia, participation is growing as we are building more classes across the country and promoting the workout to nonathletic types. Our certified instructor will guide you step by step into the specific walking technique with the poles
- Strengthens the leg, arm and upper body muscles.
- Strengthens the abdominal, back and neck muscles.
- Burdened foot, knee, hip and back only very moderately.
- Improves aerobic endurance and optimizes fat metabolism.
- Promotes condition factors endurance, strength and agility.
- Promotes coordination and Rhyrhmisierungsfähigkeit (reaction, differentiation, balance, orientation).
- Strengthens the immune system and economizes the cardiac activity.
If you like to read more details – click here
Check out our fb.com/slimnfitclub for updates about the start of our next class, or use the sign up form to be the first to be informed about our starting date and location (Klang Valley).